Thursday, September 19, 2013

Diabetes diet is the basis of diabetes management. A lot has been said and written about what one should eat to maintain healthy blood glucose levels. But how much do you know about food offenders? There are certain food offenders that may pose serious health risks especially for diabetics. These contain high amounts of fat, sodium, carbohydrate, and calories. These dangerous elements can increase your risk of uncontrolled blood glucose, heart disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and weight gain.

So think twice before eating these foods:

Eating with diabetes doesn't necessarily mean deprivation or starvation. However, it is definitely important to make wise choices and avoid or limit the foods available on the list mentioned below. This is because they are usually high in saturated fat, calories, sodium, carbs, or even trans fats.

The problem is that very high amounts of sodium and saturated fat lead to serious heart disease. On the other hand, indulging in excess sugars, high carb counts, can make you gain weight and the blood sugar level also shoots.

Apart from following a healthy diet regime, it is also crucial to keep tabs on glucose levels using Accu-chek glucometer.

Say No to these Foods


Coffee Drinks

For a perfect diabetes diet, you need to eliminate your favourite cup of coffee or coffee shakes. Did you know your favourite Starbuck's Chocolate Mocha with whipped cream will make you rich by 470 calories and 63 grams of carb? So it is best to stay away from it as far as possible.


Fruit Beverages


These are not only high in calories but also rich in sugar. So it is better to stay away from your favourite juice drinks. Make wise choices by reading labels. Be aware that nutrition information is per serving; many beverages that come in cans or bottles contain more than one serving.


French Fries


This is known to be a staple diet for fast food lovers. Hence, it's no surprise that this fast-food is always on your list. Now, needless to say, these are quite a risky choice for diabetics. French fries are loaded with sodium, saturated fat, as well as calories. It is true that food joints and fast-food restaurants offer trans-fat-free fries, but they still don’t make that good an option for you.


Cookies

These are yummy and a beautiful combination with coffee and tea. Munching on it may be one of the greatest pleasures of your life. But alas! You need to sacrifice on these yummy treats. These are not healthy with all the sprinkles or chocolate chips. These could be hiding  lot of trans fats. The cookies are also laden with butter, margarine, high-fructose corn syrup, and hydrogenated oils. Hence, cookies make the biggest saturated fat and trans fat contributors. Having these daily will make you pile on a lot of calories and carbs.


Fried Chicken


This is another restaurant staple and all-time favourite food. It tastes heavenly and is simply irresistible. But diabetics need to cut down on this comfort food as far as possible. Frying chicken tends to add a lot of calories, and carbs. It also contains sodium, and fat. You need to avoid it to keep your weight and cholesterol in check. So the extra crispy KFC chicken is actually harmful for you.


Frozen Meals


Frozen meals are very convenient. However, their high sodium and fat contents tend to make them unhealthy choices for all (diabetic or non diabetic). So it is better that all of your family stays away from it. These quickies should be only an emergency option.


Regular Soft Drinks

These are laden with sugar and soda. They taste good but can actually derail your healthiest meal plans and spike blood sugar levels to a risky zone. Understand that each 4 grams of sugar equals 1 teaspoon! Hence, if your drink comprise of 30 grams of sugar, that equals to consuming 7.5 teaspoons of sugar!!!! Now that’s really, really risky for a diabetic! Hence it is important to stay away from it to manage healthy blood glucose levels. Beverages with high sugar content will also add to the calories and carbs. However, they may also cause a lot of weight gain. Of course, there are many diet versions of soft drinks offered in the market place, these days. But all of these are made with artificial sweeteners. You need to go for healthier alternatives such as lime or lemon juices. A little research on the internet will let you know about more refreshing and satisfying drink choices. The best part is that these alternatives won't add much burden to your waistline.


Milk Shakes

We’re talking about the rich, thick milk shakes straight from your favourite restaurants or fast-food joints. You need to stay away from these beverages. They are loaded with sugar and calories. Many of these may also be hiding trans fats that are really very bad for your heart.




Other Foods to Avoid:


White rice


White Potatoes



Regular pasta



White Bread



Sugary Breakfast Cereal


Instant oatmeal


Cornflakes


Corn



Sugar – Stay away from white sugar, cake, honey, jam, jaggery, jelly, pastries, icecream, pie, canned juice, chocolates, syrup, artificial sweeteners, doughnuts, cream and cookies foods.

Fried Foods – Strictly avoid fried foods. You can bake, saute or boil in a pan. Steaming vegetables is also a good option.

Sodium - MSG, Soy sauce, and brine contains a lot of sodium. Make sure you limit your sodium content.

Salad Dressings – Limit use of dressings such as salad dressing, mustard, mayonnaise, and avocado.
These are also high in sodium.

Refined Flours - Avoid white bread, pasta, all purpose flour (maida), puffs, pretzels, pizza, and processed foods.

Fruits - Mango, custard apple, grapes, strawberry, and prunes should be avoided to lower the blood sugar level.

Starchy Vegetables - Avoid starchy vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, peas, beans, and beet.

High Cholesterol Foods – Avoid high-fat meat, egg yolks, poultry, and high-fat dairy products.

Oils - Avoid hydrogenated oils or partially hydrogenated oils. Canola or olive oil are the best option for diabetics.
Categories:

18 comments:

  1. My uncle also suffering from the same and doctor told him to avoid sugary food and also oily food.
    Glucometer

    ReplyDelete
  2. This information is really helpful I am also suffering from same and I avoided those foods and daily checking blood glucose levels by using accu-chek active meter bought from clickoncare.com and the device is working really good. I bought this device at best offer. Thanks to clickoncare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your relevant information. Continuous exercise and food control will be a good method to regulate diabetesand cholesterol. If we follow these things regularly then we can avoid diabetes till the end of our life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After read this blog I went to a dietician he gave me a diet chart. Now I am following that chart. He recommended me to buy one touch ultra easy blood glucose meter. I bought onetouch ultraeasy from ClickOnCare.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. You can use a one touch ultra easy blood glucometer for testing blood glucose levels at home. I bought it from http://www.clickoncare.com/onetouch-ultraeasy-glucose-meter-with-25-free-strips

      Delete
    2. Hi sona, Take one touch ultra easy glucometer and a strip. Insert the strip into the meter. Prick your finger and insert a drop of blood into the strip. And you can see the result within a second.

      Delete
  6. Much of my diabetes was unknown.
    After reading this article we learned a lot. Those who are suffering from diabetes, It's a lot more beneficial for them. Another type of Helpful article I read was Doctor Home Blog.
    https://bit.ly/2Nwx4jT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing information about diabetes diet. Most of the people are suffering from diabetes problem if we follow this post and take Diabetes Supplements Online then we get fast result.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is a safe & effective Natural Herbal Medicine. for total cure of different disease and virus.  Email  DR AKHIGBE. on    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    or contact his number .+2348142454860      . Treatment with Natural Herbal medicine Cure For : PAINFUL or IRREGULAR MENSTRUATION ,VAGINAL EFFECT IONS.CANCER, VAGINAL DISCHARGE. ITCHING OF PRIVATE PART. BREAST INFECTION. DISCHARGE FROM BREAST. HIV/AIDS, BREAST PAIN & ITCHING. LOWER  ABDOMINAL  PAIN.DIABETES . NO PERIOD OR  or PERIOD SUDDENLY STOP. HERPES,  WOMEN SEXUAL PROBLEM. PAIN DURING SEX INSIDE THE PELVIC. PAIN DURING URINATION. PELVIC  INFLAMMATORY DISEASE, (PID). DRIPPING OF SPERM FROM THE VAGINAL AS WELL AS LOW SPERM COUNT. ZERO SPERM COUNT. QUICK  EJACULATION.CHRONIC DISEASE, ASTHMA,  PREMATURE EJACULATION. WEAK ELATION. PARKINSON'S DISEASE, DISCHARGE FROM PENIS. STD. EPILEPSY, STAPHYLOCOCCUS + GONORRHEA + SYPHILIS. Pile-HEMORRHOID. WAIST AND BACK PAIN. MALE AND FEMALE   INFERTILITY. Etc.I was diagnosed of Cancer of the lungs for seven month and I spend hell in going to different hospital at difference places seeking for cure but there was no solution. I decided to go through the internet where I saw a testimony of a woman in London,[MARY]. So I contacted him also through his mail. He answer me and we both communicate and he send the herbal medicine to me through DHL COURIER DELIVERY SERVICES. Brother and Sister to cut the story short, that was how I connected with my cure  for three weeks I was totally well and strong by Dr Akhigbe. powerful natural herbal medicine.   You can also reach him for your help. He will help you because he is a good and easy doctor. Via email.  drrealakhigbe@gmail.com      Number +2348142454860.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here is  my testimony on how I was cured of HIV by Dr Akhigbe,with his natural herbal medicine.  on a regular basis in efforts to help others when I could. As you may know, each donation is tested.  Well, on July 6th I had a meeting with a Red Cross representative and was told that I had HIV. “What went through your mind when you heard that "Rose" Good question reader! To be honest, I thought my life was over, that I would ever find love, get married, have children or anything normal. Lucky for me I have an amazing support system.  My family supported me then I never thought that I was invincible to STD s or pregnancy or anything else parents warn their kids about. I just didn’t think about it. I was in a monogamous relationship and thought that I asked the right questions.  We even talked about marriage Scary.  During that time I was in college and donated blood on a re as well. who helped me in search of cure through the media.there we saw a good testimony of sister 'Kate' about the good work of Dr Akhigbe natural herbal medicine cure.then I copied his email address and contacted him. A good herbalist doctor with a good heart, he is kind, loving and caring. He replied back to my message and told me what to do. After a week the doctor sent me my herbal medicine and instructed me how to take it.Yes it worked very well, after drinking it I went to the hospital for another test and everything turned negative. What a wonderful testimony I can never forget in my life. Dr Akhigbe is a man who gave me a life to live happily forever so all I want you all to believe and know that cure of HIV is real and herbs is a powerful medicine and it works and heals.  Dr Akhigbe also used his herbal medicine to cure diseases like:   HERPES, DIABETES, SCABIES, HEPATITIS A/B, STROKE, CANCER, ALS, TUBERCULOSIS, ASTHMA, PENIS ENLARGEMENT, MALARIA, LUPUS, LIVER CIRRHOSIS, DEPRESSION, HIV/AIDS, EPILEPSY, BACTERIAL, DIARRHEA, HEART DISEASES, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, PARKINSON'S, ALZHEIMER, COLD URTICARIA, HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS,INSOMNIA,  BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, JOINT PAIN, STOMACH PAIN, CHROME DISEASES, CHLAMYDIA, INSOMNIA HEARTBURN, ,  THYROID, MAR BURG DISEASES, MENINGITIS, ARTHRITIS, BODY WEAK, SMALLPOX, DENGUE, FEVER, CURBS, CHANCRE, AND OTHERS VARIOUS DISEASES/ VIRUS.   You are there and you find yourself in any of these situations, kindly contact Dr Akhigbe now to help you get rid of it. Here is his email address:
       drrealakhigbe@gmail.com      or you can write to him on whats app with his phone number:   +2349010754824.
      My appreciation is to share his testimony for the world to know the good work Dr Akhigbe has done for me and he will do the same for you.
       

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here is  my testimony on how I was cured of HIV by Dr Akhigbe,with his natural herbal medicine.  on a regular basis in efforts to help others when I could. As you may know, each donation is tested.  Well, on July 6th I had a meeting with a Red Cross representative and was told that I had HIV. “What went through your mind when you heard that "Rose" Good question reader! To be honest, I thought my life was over, that I would ever find love, get married, have children or anything normal. Lucky for me I have an amazing support system.  My family supported me then I never thought that I was invincible to STD s or pregnancy or anything else parents warn their kids about. I just didn’t think about it. I was in a monogamous relationship and thought that I asked the right questions.  We even talked about marriage Scary.  During that time I was in college and donated blood on a re as well. who helped me in search of cure through the media.there we saw a good testimony of sister 'Kate' about the good work of Dr Akhigbe natural herbal medicine cure.then I copied his email address and contacted him. A good herbalist doctor with a good heart, he is kind, loving and caring. He replied back to my message and told me what to do. After a week the doctor sent me my herbal medicine and instructed me how to take it.Yes it worked very well, after drinking it I went to the hospital for another test and everything turned negative. What a wonderful testimony I can never forget in my life. Dr Akhigbe is a man who gave me a life to live happily forever so all I want you all to believe and know that cure of HIV is real and herbs is a powerful medicine and it works and heals.  Dr Akhigbe also used his herbal medicine to cure diseases like:   HERPES, DIABETES, SCABIES, HEPATITIS A/B, STROKE, CANCER, ALS, TUBERCULOSIS, ASTHMA, PENIS ENLARGEMENT, MALARIA, LUPUS, LIVER CIRRHOSIS, DEPRESSION, HIV/AIDS, EPILEPSY, BACTERIAL, DIARRHEA, HEART DISEASES, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, PARKINSON'S, ALZHEIMER, COLD URTICARIA, HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS,INSOMNIA,  BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, JOINT PAIN, STOMACH PAIN, CHROME DISEASES, CHLAMYDIA, INSOMNIA HEARTBURN, ,  THYROID, MAR BURG DISEASES, MENINGITIS, ARTHRITIS, BODY WEAK, SMALLPOX, DENGUE, FEVER, CURBS, CHANCRE, AND OTHERS VARIOUS DISEASES/ VIRUS.   You are there and you find yourself in any of these situations, kindly contact Dr Akhigbe now to help you get rid of it. Here is his email address:
       drrealakhigbe@gmail.com      or you can write to him on whats app with his phone number:   +2349010754824.
      My appreciation is to share his testimony for the world to know the good work Dr Akhigbe has done for me and he will do the same for you.
       

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing nice information about safe-accu blood glucose monitor with us. i glad to read this post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOW I GOT CURED FROM papillomvirus I was diagnosed of papillomvirus and i have tried all I can to get cured but all to no avail,,until I saw a post in a health forum about a herbalist man who prepare herbal medications to cure all kind of diseases including papillomvirus virus,at first I doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try,when I contacted this herbalist via his email and he prepared a papillomvirus herbal cure and sent it to me via UPS delivery company service, when I received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by direction on how to apply it,after applying theUPS delivery company service, when I received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by direction on how to apply it,after applying the. way I was instructed,I was totally cured of this deadly disease called papillomvirus, all thanks to Dr oboh.Email obohesan@gmail.com this great herbal doctor via WhatsApp+2348089281017 HE CAN ALSO CURE SICKNESS LIKE{1}HIV/AIDS
    {2}DIABETES
    {3}EPILEPSY
    {4} BLOOD CANCER
    {5} HPV
    {6} ALS
    {7} HEPATITIS
    {8}LOVE SPELL
    {9} SICKLE AND ANAEMIA..
    or via whatsapp +2348089281017

    ReplyDelete
  13. But excellent job opportunities and attractive compensation are not the only reasons to pursue a healthcare administration degree. jimmy john's for diabetics

    ReplyDelete
  14. You give us amazing knowledge of diet food .
    For free kundali visit this website

    free kundli

    ReplyDelete